Plans, Designs, Dreams
Primary Bridge Design Considerations:
• Goal: to be accessible from both sides of the Village (Depot St and Main St)
• High enough to be above floodway.
• Design reflects aesthetic desired by the committee.
• Arched bridge walking surface to extent possible to maintain accessibility.
• Metal design elements can be attached
In addition, there will be smaller bridges at the river level, connecting a series of paths. At present, there are paths on both sides but no bridge connecting them.
Secondary Bridge Design Considerations:
• Can be located within floodway with proper anchoring/grading.
• Too short for arched effect on bridge surface.
• Railing options can reflect specific design aesthetic and whimsey – different from major bridge railings and design.
• Same 6 foot width as larger scale bridge.
The Further Vision
Includes paths, benches, art, an amphitheater, educational possibilities, and an overall increase in the vibrancy of the downtown as we join these two sides of the river with a bridge that beckons everyone to view the falls.